|Make a Payment to your Credit Card
Make a Payment
The Make a Payment Wizard allows you to make a one-time payment to your Commerce Bank credit card or Healthcare Financing account from your checking or savings account at any financial institution.
To get to the Make a Payment Wizard click on:
“Make a Payment” Button or Icon on your Account Activity page or
“Make a Payment to your Credit Card” or “Pay your Healthcare Financing Account” links in Customer Service
This will bring you to the 5-step Make a Payment Wizard that starts on the Pay To tab.
Please select the account you want to pay.
This drop down will display all accounts that are available to make a payment to in this Make a Payment Wizard.
Select the account you want to pay and click “Continue”
From which account do you want to pay?
This drop down will display all accounts that are available to make a payment from, your options are:
- Commerce checking/savings account(s) – accounts displayed if available.
- Non-Commerce Checking/Savings Account – available for any payment.
- HSA Debit Card (from your Health Savings Account) – available only for Healthcare Financing accounts.
If you choose to pay from a non-Commerce checking/savings account, you will need to provide the bank routing number and account number.
If you choose to pay from an HSA Debit card, you will need to provide the card number and expiration date.
Select the account you want to pay from and click “Continue”
Save/Delete Non-Commerce Accounts
If you would like to use this account to make future payments without re-entering the account information each time, click the “Save Non-Commerce Account” button on the
Pay From tab. This button will be active after you supply the Routing Number and Account Number and confirm the Account Number.
If you no longer wish to make payments from a Saved account, click on the “Delete Non-Commerce Account” button located on the Pay From tab.
How much would you like to pay?
On this tab you can choose the amount of the payment. Your options are:
- Minimum Payment - a payment equal to the Minimum Payment Due from your most recent statement. This amount will be applied towards any amounts owed in accordance with your agreement.
- Statement Ending Balance (Credit Cards only) - a payment equal to the New Balance from your most recent statement.
- Current Balance (Healthcare Financing account only) – a payment equal to the current account balance, updated with any recent payments.
- Pay a Different Amount – a payment of an amount of your choosing.
The payment amount must be greater than $1.00 and for Healthcare Financing accounts and any payment from a non-Commerce checking/savings account, the amount paid cannot exceed the Current Balance on the account you are paying.
Once you choose the amount of the payment, click “Continue”
What date would you like to pay?
On this tab you will choose the date of your payment. The options are:
- Pay Today – this is the current date.
- Pay on Due Date – the current statement due date.
- Pay on this Date – a date of your choosing.
Payments cannot be more than 40 days from today’s date. Depending on the time your payment is submitted, or the date you schedule a payment, the payment may not post to your account until the following Business Day. See Wizard for more details. Please note: if the “Pay on Due Date” is in the past that option will be disabled.
Choose your payment date and click “Continue”
The Payment Verification screen will display your payment details for your review. If the details are correct, click “Submit” to make your payment.
The Payment Confirmation screen will display once the payment is successful and a secure message will be sent for your records.This screen includes instructions to cancel or edit the payment.
For a future-dated payment you can Edit/Cancel the payment.
Commerce checking/savings accounts:
For payments from a Commerce checking/savings account: you can Edit/Cancel a future-dated payment from “Pending Transfers” in the Transfers section of Online Banking.
Non-Commerce checking/savings accounts:
For payments from a non-Commerce checking/savings account you can Edit/Cancel the payment up until 3:30 PM CT on the day the payment is scheduled.
To Edit/Cancel the payment you will need to follow the instructions on the Payment Confirmation page or contact Customer Service.