|Place a Stop Payment
Online stop payment requests can be placed on checking, savings and money markets
accounts. You can place an online stop payment order on a single check (no 5 digit
check numbers allowed) or on certain automatic debits (not Visa Debit Card).
A stop payment cannot be requested for an item that has already cleared. We will
search the last 65 days with the information you provided and if we find a possible
match to a cleared (or pending) item, you will not be able to continue. If it is
possible the transaction cleared more than 65 days ago, please check your statements
to verify it has not cleared prior to placing your stop payment request. As long
as we don't find a possible match, the stop payment fee will be assessed when the
order is placed whether or not the item has already cleared.
- To place a stop payment, click “Place a Stop Payment” in the Services section under Account Management in the Customer Service menu.
- Select the account number and the type of transaction for which you will be placing
a stop payment then click "Continue"
- Provide the details regarding the item for which you are stopping payment and "Continue"
- Verify and “Submit” your request.
- The confirmation page will provide a link to view your stop payment confirmation
Because stop payment orders are handled by computers, to be effective, your stop
payment order must precisely identify the Check # and the Amount of Check (including
cents); or when placing a stop payment on an automatic debit, must precisely identify
the Amount of Payment. Any inaccuracies will cause your stop payment order to be
Stop payment orders are not accepted through Online Banking between 10:30 p.m. CT
on a Business Day and 1:00 a.m. the following morning.